Chickpea & Tomato Sauté with Greek Style Lamb and your favorite Tzatziki
For retail presentation:
Lamb Mince (or beef, veal or mix)
Corona Souvlaki Sprinkle
Combine as per directions on pack
- 20 min
- 250g Corona marinated Lamb Mince
- 1 ½ cups peeled, diced pumpkin, (1½ cm dice
- 1 ½ cups diced eggplant, (1½ cm dice)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion, (1½ cm dice)
- 1 x 400 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ tsp finely chopped fresh garlic
- 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1½ diced Lebanese cucumber
- Your favorite Tzatziki
- Flat pita bread
- Pre-cook the pumpkin:
Place pumpkin on a microwavable plate with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes or until softened. Uncover and set aside. Or Steam for 4 -5 mins.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add little cooking oil.
Add lamb and cook stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes until lamb is no longer pink.
With slotted spoon, remove lamb from pan and set aside.
- Add onion, pumpkin and eggplant to pan and cook stirring over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, garlic and stir for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and browned lamb; cook until pumpkin is tender.
- Stir in spinach, lemon juice and cook until spinach is just wilted.
Taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
- To serve, spoon chickpea and lamb into serving bowls. Top with diced cucumber, dollop of Tzatziki and warm pita bread drizzled with olive oil.